The Canadian Nutrition Society (CNS) 2024 Annual Conference
Sponsored Satellite Program Opportunities
May 2-4, 2024
The Canadian Nutrition Society (CNS) delivers nutrition science and education through a variety of initiatives, including its Annual Conference. All CNS education programming is reviewed and approved by respective CNS committees. As with all sector stakeholders, CNS considers and values industry partner engagement, including during its Annual Conference, while being committed to maintaining responsible and transparent processes with respect to support received from partners/sponsors.
The CNS Sponsored Satellite Program provides education opportunities for external groups, such as industry, commodity groups, or other relevant stakeholders, to showcase research findings and engage in dialogue with a dedicated nutrition science and practice community.
Sponsored Satellite Programs are considered part of the official CNS Annual Conference program but clearly labelled as organized with sponsors. CNS does not endorse the content presented or their proceedings, publications, etc. CNS also clearly states during all education sessions that the views expressed by speakers are those of the speaker or third-party and not necessarily of CNS.
All conference session proposals, including proposals for Satellite Sponsored Sessions, are reviewed by CNS based on the following criteria:
- Proposed sessions will be objective and balanced.
- Content will contribute to the field of nutrition science.
- Applicability of knowledge translation.
- Sessions will meet the educational needs of conference attendees and complement the overall conference program.
- Session descriptions and accompanying materials will be science-based and not promotional in nature.
CNS reserves the right to accept, reject or condition acceptance, based on CNS’s sole discretion, for any reason, which need not be disclosed to the applicant.
All sessions must adhere to the CNS Guidelines for Conference Sponsored Satellite Sessions and with the CNS Commitment to working with industry partners and sponsors.
Once the application for a Sponsored Satellite Session has been approved by CNS, the event title, speakers and content may not change without CNS approval.
Sponsored Satellite Session Application
Submitting a Satellite Session Proposal: Individuals interested in submitting a proposal for a hosted Sponsored Satellite Session must do so via the online CNS Conference Proposal submission portal. Each proposal will require:
- Draft session title
- Session description
- Proposed learning objectives
- Proposed speakers (a minimum of two but not more than three speakers)
- Proposed session chair (preferred to be a CNS member in good standing)
Note that submission of a session proposal does not constitute approval/acceptance of your satellite sponsored session. Individuals will be notified of the outcome of their proposal by approximately December 15, 2023. Note that CNS may reach out with questions during the review period.
Sponsored Satellite Session Content
- Conference sessions must be objective and balanced; contribute to the field of nutrition science; meet the educational needs of meeting attendees (including considering the diversity of attendees); and complement the science program. Program descriptions and accompanying materials must be science-based and not promotional in nature.
- CNS does not endorse the content presented or their proceedings, publications, etc. CNS also clearly states during all education sessions that the views expressed by speakers are those of the speaker or third-party and not necessarily of CNS.
- All sessions must adhere to the CNS Guidelines for Conference Sponsored Satellite Sessions and with the CNS Commitment to working with industry partners and sponsors.
- Satellite session organizers assume full responsibility for copyright of all images contained within the presentation.
- CNS reserves the right to accept, reject or condition acceptance, based on CNS’ sole discretion, for any reason, which need not be disclosed to the applicant.
- Once the application for a Sponsored Satellite Session has been approved by CNS, the event title and content may not change without CNS approval.
- October 20, 2023: All Conference session proposals, including Sponsored Satellite Session proposals are due. Proposals must be submitted via the CNS online session proposal submission portal.
- Approx. December 15, 2023: Individuals will be notified if their sponsored Satellite Session proposal has been accepted.
- Approx. January 10, 2024: Accepted Satellite Sessions will be notified of their time slot and location within the conference program.
Sponsored Satellite Sessions schedule:
The following time slots have been identified for possible Sponsored Satellite Sessions. The actual placement and time allotment will be determined when establishing the overall program. The ideal time slots have been identified during meal time periods. Program space is limited. CNS reserves the right to adjust Sponsored Satellite Session times to accommodate the overall conference program schedule.
|Thursday, May 2, 2024||7:00am - 8:15am MT|
|Friday, May 3, 2024||7:00am - 8:15am MT|
|Friday, May 3, 2024||12:00pm- 1:30pm MT|
|Saturday, May 4, 2024||7:00am - 8:15am MT|
|Saturday, May 4, 2024||12:00pm - 1:30pm MT|
|Saturday, May 4, 2024||3:30pm- 5:00pm MT|
The Sponsored Satellite Session Fee Includes:
- Session promotion via CNS’ website, on eblasts, in printed conference materials, online mobile program and to pre-registered conference attendees
- Standard audio-visual set-up
- Pre-set Function space
- One (1) professionally produced session sign (produced by CNS) outside the room in which the event will take place
- * Session recordings may be available for an extra cost
The Sponsored Satellite Session Fee does NOT include:
- Speaker travel arrangements and reimbursements
- Speaker conference registrations. Speakers, event organizers and guests are expected to register as a full conference or 1-day attendee registration. No “passes” for the session will be provided.
- Speaker honoraria
- Food/beverage expenses. Organizers are encouraged to provide food and beverage at the satellite program. Food/beverage orders must take place in conjunction with CNS. CNS will coordinate food/beverage orders directly with the host facility and bill the sponsor accordingly.
- Meeting agenda/handouts or distributing and preparation of materials.
Sponsored Satellite Sessions may include the sponsor logo as the host/organizer of the event. Use and placement of the sponsor logo must be approved by CNS. No product/brand promotion is allowed on promotional materials, educational materials or verbal/print mention during the session presentations unless reviewed and approved by CNS.